Summer | Chicago | Paid | Internship (Seniors & Recent Grads)
Weber Shandwick is seeking to hire a Digital Analytics Intern for the Digital Practice in Chicago. Digital Analytics Interns are responsible for working with members of the analytics team to analyze and interpret data from a variety of sources such as social media, website analytics platforms and third-party vendors. Interns will be involved in identifying patterns and trends that can inform recommendations that shape the marketing strategies of clients across multiple industries. Interns must possess an eagerness to learn and contribute to the learning process at Weber Shandwick.
At Weber Shandwick, we understand this new era because engaging people in conversations that matter to them is what we’ve always done. Winning today requires storytelling that’s relevant, personal and genuine. It means understanding the new power that trusted advocates wield. And, more than anything, winning demands content that’s provocative, original and irresistible.
We are a creative studio of writers, designers, builders, strategists, conversation-starters, storytellers. We are passionate about our clients and, through our Specialty Firms and dedicated Practice Groups, we are deeply knowledgeable about their businesses. And while we are a big, global organization, we believe that collaboration is the best way to succeed.
Ideal candidates will:
• Be comfortable sorting and analyzing large sets of data
• Have an interest in social media and emerging technologies
• Be able to quickly learn how to use new software and applications
• Demonstrate the ability to identify trends and communicate implications effectively, within allotted deadlines
• Have a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university (degrees in economics, statistics, finance, or marketing-related field preferred)
Bonus points for:
• Social listening tools (i.e. Radian6, Sysomos), website analytics platforms (i.e. Google Analytics, Omniture Site Catalyst) or social channel data (i.e. Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics)
• Experience with Microsoft Excel preferred, including the use of intermediate functions (i.e. VLOOKUP, IF) and Pivot Tables
• Previous experience in an analytics or research role with a proven ability to interpret data and develop insights
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship
Fresh opportunities from our networks and beyond. We particularly work to spotlight opportunities that we know will help you build your networks, pay your bills, and empower our communities.