These are the top 40 killer interview questions, be able to confidently answer just about all of them.
1. What are your career goals?
2. How have your career goals changed over time?
3. If offered this position, how long would you plan on staying with our company?
4. What’s your understanding of the job?
5. What could you bring to this position and to this company?
6. Why do you think you are more qualified than other candidates for this position?
7. Why do you want to work at this company?
8. What are your salary expectations?
9. What would you do differently if you were in charge of this company?
10. Name one of your weaknesses.
11. Name one of your strengths.
12. Which areas of your work are most often praised?
13. Which areas of your work are most often criticized?
14. How do you think your last manager would describe you?
15. How do you think a colleague would describe you?
16. How do you think a subordinate would describe you?
17. Walk me through the important points on your CV.
18. Explain to me how your work experience is relevant to this position.
19. Why did you leave your last job?
20. What other companies are you considering?
21. Tell me about your communication style.
22. Describe your ideal job.
23. What criteria do you use for evaluating success?
24. Do you consider yourself a leader? What qualities make a good leader?
25. Tell me about a problem you’ve encountered on the job and how you dealt with it.
26. Tell me about a situation in which you failed to resolve a conflict.
27. Tell me about an occasion when you acted on someone’s suggestion.
28. Are you willing to travel for this job?
29. Are you willing to relocate for this job?
30. Describe a project that you’re especially proud of.
31. What was your role in this project?
32. How do you spend your spare time?
33. How do you stay current or up-to-date in this industry?
34. Tell me about a time when you used your creativity to overcome a problem.
35. Which of your skills, technical or otherwise, have helped you most on the job?
36. What new skills have you learned or developed recently?
37. Describe how you prepared for this interview?
38. What else should I know about you?
39. What questions do you have for me?
40. Ya'll Hiring? ;)